Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lumber Jack


Hola! My beautiful people. Today I feel the need to pay you guys back some compliments and not just the "looking good!" ones, but a little beyond. There aren't many of you that follow the Blog and it's content and I swear I am at blame for that. Lack of effort maybe but mainly lack of time. I am very much sure we all are and trust I am not crying you a river or complaining because I'd like to think I spend my time rather wisely #itsthelittlethings that have always mattered. Any who today is all about you and thanking you for the support mainly on Instagram, Thank you for the sweet comments the DM's of how you love my style and the simplicity that I bring to the Blog. These DM's have also brought to my attention the couple questions on how to wear certain pieces that are still in your closet waiting to be worn. I am so happy that I can be of some use to you guys in any way possible. So before moving on I really want to thank you for your kind words and your little virtual kisses of affection, it really is incredible to me that complete strangers can support a person the way you guys have to me. 
Back to these questions I have been asked many times on mixing patterns even textures and here's the low down:
Leopard has become a neutral, don't be afraid of pairing it with almost anything. Plaid, stripes, gingham in a smaller scale also looks great. 
Leopard and cameo Gosh pls try!!!
Floral prints and polka dots, or polka dots with stripes is super cute and very girly.
Leather is also a great neutral for mixing textures like with fur and suede. 
Black, gray, khaki, and at times any solid color also fall in the neutral category.
These are just a few but look up Olivia Palermo, she is the queen of mixing anything that woman can do no wrong.
Now for my simple example to share with you all take plaid and mix a chic patterned scarf and you are set for the chilly mornings this Cali weather brings us!

Thanks for stopping by!
X.O Sury
   




What I Wore: 
Plaid flannel here Gap version here Target here
Black skinnies old 
Booties Fashion Q
Gray boxed purse Forever 21
Lippy from MAC Diva
Scarf Target


No comments:

Post a Comment